– 500g (1lb) runner beans
– 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
– 25g (1 oz) butter
– 2-3 tbsps water
– Salt and pepper
- Top, tail and remove any stringy bits from the beans. Slice them diagonally into smallish pieces.
- Put the beans, garlic, butter and water into a pan and bring to a simmer to make sure the butter and garlic are distributed evenly.
- Cover the pan and put on a very low head for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little more water if needed.
- When the beans are tender, season well and serve.
[July - September]