Check out current opportunities and sign up for a slot here:
For more information about how you can give your time, click on the sections below.
We have 12 years left to prevent irreversible climate change according to the most recent IPPC (International Panel on Climate Change) report.
LCWO is powered by volunteers.
Can YOU help make things happen? Meet neighbours and like-minded people? Make a difference?
Event support: help out at specific events, e.g.:
- Spring Bring & Take 27th April (1 hour slots) e.g. help with set-up; organising during the event & counting things which leave; help with sorting at the end SIGN UP NOW FOR A SLOT HERE using our new volunteer management tool.
- Kingfisher Corner relaunch 27th April (1 hour slots) e.g. help with checking site SIGN UP NOW FOR A SLOT HERE using our new volunteer management tool.
- Community walk to Hogacre 12th May Join walk leader to guide group from West Oxford
Get down and dirty: practical support at Kingfisher Corner: jobs include pulling up balsam, doing a quick litter pick, planting seeds…
Join the LCWO Coordinating Committee: currently keen to find someone with HR experience
Backroom blog-buster: help with social media and blog post content: volunteer to write a blog post on a topic of your choice
Local leafleting: Our next leafleting opportunity will be in July and September
Learn a skill: e.g. learn to do a carbon footprint for friends and neighbours [next training October 2019]; or learn to lead the LCWO Tree Trail walk [next opportunity Sept 2019]…
Offer a skill: e.g. repair skills such as electrical repair, darning, bike repair
Respond to a specific request: we are currently looking for:
- Zero Waste volunteer(s) – do you love getting stuff recycled e.g. on freegle and other websites? Can use your skills to help others?
- We will generally communicate all volunteer opportunities via our Volunteer email list (on MailChimp); to sign up, here to this page and click ‘volunteer’ in the options on the form, to receive both the monthly newsletter and volunteer emails. If you are already on our monthly e-newsletter mailing list, you should be able to update your MailChimp preferences and select ‘volunteer’;
- If you would also like to be contacted by a text to your mobile, please send us [email@example.com] a message with your mobile number;
- In addition, if you would be happy to be contacted by text to your mobile phone for opportunities *at short notice*, please email us [firstname.lastname@example.org] to let us know.
- For specific events, we are trialling a free online volunteer management tool called SignUp. You can view our SignUp page here. We will circulate an invitation by email as and when we are looking for volunteers, and all ‘live’ SignUp pages (i.e. where we are currently looking for volunteers) will also be listed on our website at www.lowcarbonwestoxford.org.uk/volunteer
- To sign up more generally (e.g. to join the committee, or offer skills) send us an email [to email@example.com] with the subject line ‘Volunteer offer’ to say how you would like to volunteer;
- Please note that we will sign people up on a first come first served basis, and for some events, will only require a small number of volunteers – so if you are keen on a specific event and slot, sign up now!