Breaking up with Barclays. This has been on my to do list for a LONG time. And there have been various reasons which have made moving my money from Barclays a little slower, but finally, I have done it.
However, moving my money away from Barclays bank is not enough on its own – I wanted to make sure the branch manager knows exactly why I have decided to leave. So I have written him a letter.
Here it is, so if you are thinking of writing a similar letter, you can use mine as a template. I got it checked by two financial professionals, who agreed it was appropriate and hit the mark.
Why leave Barclays?
- Check out the 2019 scorecard on Fossil Fuel financing – BARCLAYS & HSBC are the worst in Europe… https://www.banktrack.org/download/banking_on_climate_change_2019_fossil_fuel_finance_report_card/banking_on_climate_change_2019.pdf
- Find out why it is important to take our money away from Barclays here on the People & Planet website.
- Download the P&P Divest Barclays Action Guide here – written for students, but useful for all.
Want to check how your bank is doing, Barclays or otherwise? Here are two useful resources shared by our friends at Ethex:
- 2019 on Fossil Fuel financing https://www.banktrack.org/download/banking_on_climate_change_2019_fossil_fuel_finance_report_card/banking_on_climate_change_2019.pdf
- But don’t also forget about deforestation, you can check how banks are performing on deforestation here https://forest500.org/rankings/financial-institutions