4 New Rd
Oxford OX1 1AY
Join other Community Action Groups at the fifth annual CAG Network Skill Share.
The CAG Network Skill Share is the highlight of the CAG calendar and a chance for community groups from across Oxfordshire and beyond to come together to swap ideas and inspiration, take part in training and get expert advice.
The day will cover everything from practical “how-to” workshops on projects and skills for improving our communities, to sessions on developing your group and building resilience, including:
- Energy projects: Thermal imaging and Community Energy Manager
- Waste projects: Repair Cafes and PAT testing
- Food surplus projects: Cafes, community fridges and shops
- Transport projects: Air pollution and safer cycling
- Sustaining the gaze and avoiding burnout
- Loneliness and engaging harder to reach communities
- Managing group conflict
- Tools for organising our groups effectively
A world café session in the afternoon will provide an opportunity for all involved in CAGs to help shape how the CAG Project evolves to better support what the CAGs require to thrive and develop.
There will be a delicious food surplus lunch, tea & coffee, local apple juice and wine to enjoy.
The full schedule will be released soon, but book now to guarantee a place!
We are asking for a suggested donation of £5 on the door to help us cover the costs of tea & coffee, lunch and a local wine/apple juice reception.
The event will also be open to wider networks including Devon CAGs, Big Lunch Extra groups, Oxford Student Hubs and Oxford University Student Environmental groups.