This successful programme aims to help people reduce their energy use. In 2009, participating households cut their carbon footprints by an incredible 36% and some saved up to £200 on their energy bills. You don’t have to own your own home and it will cost you nothing to take part. As a member of the Low Carbon Living Programme, you would receive:
- A detailed carbon footprint showing where you could cut your CO2 emissions
- Free expert advice and help on how to do it, but you decide what is doable for you.
- An opportunity to apply for a small grant to help you make energy-saving changes
- Help with applying for government grants
- A free smart meter to help you monitor your electricity usage
- Opportunities to meet other local residents to swap ideas
- Invitations to attend optional workshops on a number of carbon-busting topics
- You’ll also be part of a friendly, innovative and successful community project which is influencing government policy and being followed by other communities.
In return we ask you to
- Have your household carbon footprint measured at the start and end of the year
- Set yourself a target for reducing your carbon footprint during the year
- Send us monthly readings of your electric/gas use and car mileage